Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rie made his major leagu
OAKLAND, Calif. - More than worrying about the daunting task of trying to replace All-Star Josh Donaldson or dwelling on the shock of being traded from Toronto, Brett Lawrie is embracing the idea of staying healthy as he joins the Oakland Athletics.Bidding farewell to the Blue Jays unforgiving turf field could be a big benefit for his body moving forward, too.(It) treats my body kind of silly and throws it off, he said, noting now, Its grass and dirt. Im excited.Oaklands new third baseman was acquired in a trade from Toronto on Friday night that sent Donaldson to the Blue Jays. Also coming to the As in the deal were left-hander Sean Nolin, right-hander Kendall Graveman and minor league shortstop Franklin Barreto.Lawrie missed a call from Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos, then quickly called back to learn he had been traded.I was kind of at a loss for words to be honest with you. I didnt really know what to say, it happened so fast, Lawrie said. Its almost like I was dreaming.Lawrie wants nothing more than to stay on the field, and figures if that happens the rest will take care of itself. He acknowledges hes had his share of bad luck, and playing on turf didnt do him any favours as a player who is constantly moving and cutting.Give me 550 at-bats in a row. These are things I havent had yet in the big leagues, he said.He didnt play again after Aug. 5 following a left oblique strain he suffered in his return after being sidelined for more than a month with a broken right index finger.It marked the third oblique injury of Lawries four-year career. He strained his left oblique in a warmup game for the 2013 World Baseball Classic in March 2013, missing the first 14 games of the season. Lawrie also missed almost a month with a right oblique strain in late 2012.The 24-year-old Lawrie, who grew up in British Columbia, has already been on the disabled list six times.For myself its about staying healthy and getting a substantial amount of playing time. Its a new chapter, he said. This is a team that likes to win. I havent been on that side of the coin. I am a big piece of this puzzle, I feel like.Lawrie was a first-round pick by the Brewers at No. 16 overall in the 2008 draft. Traded to Toronto in December 2010, Lawrie made his major league debut Aug. 5, 2011. He played 125 games in 2012 and 107 in 13 before this past season was cut short.Now, he is gearing up to be at full strength for the start of spring training in 2 1/2 months at Oaklands new Arizona home in Mesa.All signs point toward 100 per cent, Lawrie said. I feel great. Cheap NBA Jerseys . "Right now were kind of looking at him at the end of the rotation right now," said pitching coach Pete Walker. "Not indicative of how hes doing or how hes feeling. Its just, it seems like the spot we want him right now. Shabazz Napier Jersey . LOUIS -- The St. http://www.cheapnetsjerseys.com/?tag=che...ing-jersey . You can, too, Clay Buchholz, if we ignore the sixth inning of Game 2. Doug Fister and Jake Peavy, youre up next in Game 4 and theres a lot to live up to. Wholesale Nets Jerseys .J. -- New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning is going to start the off-season training program with a surgically repaired left ankle. Drazen Petrovic Jersey .C. - Brent Sutter scored 1:32 into extra time as the Charlotte Checkers came from behind to defeat the visiting Abbotsford Heat 5-4 on Sunday in American Hockey League action.STRASBOURG, France -- Top-seeded Sloane Stephens of the United States and second-seeded Alize Cornet of France were knocked out in the first round of the Strasbourg International on Tuesday. Julia Goerges of Germany upset wild-card entry Stephens 6-3, 6-2, while Camila Giorgi of Italy overcame defending champion Cornet 6-4, 1-6, 6-3. Goerges, a semifinalist at the Pattaya Open in Thailand in February, did not face a break point. She broke for a 5-3 lead in the first set. Stephens dropped serve in the first and seventh games of the final set. Cornet beat Giorgi in the Katowice Open final last month in Poland. But the Italian got her revenge Tuesday despite making nine double faults. Andrea Petkovic of Germany, Peng Shuai of China and Croatian qualifier Mirjana Lucic-Baroni moved into the second round. The fourth-seeded Petkoovic beat French wild-card entry Pauline Parmentier 6-3, 6-4, the seventh-seeded Peng defeated Australian qualifier Ashleigh Barty 7-5, 7-5, and Lucic-Baroni stunned sixth-seeded Bojana Jovanovski of Serbia 6-4, 6-0.dddddddddddd Petkovic led 5-0 in the opening set against Parmentier and 3-0 in the second. Lucic-Baroni offset seven double faults by saving all four break points she faced against Jovanovski. American duo Christina McHale and Lauren Davis, Spanish qualifier Silvia Soler-Espinosa and Monica Puig of Puerto Rico also advanced. McHale cruised past Alexandra Cadantu of Romania 6-1, 6-2, Davis dismissed Belarusian qualifier Olga Govortsova 6-2, 6-4, Puig edged Johanna Larsson of Sweden 7-5, 7-6 (5), and Soler-Espinosa beat Stefanie Voegele of Switzerland 6-0, 7-6 (5) for the first time in five matches. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '