Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tely helps out," said Buehrl
HOUSTON - Andre Johnson wants to finish his career in Houston and has moved past whatever bad feelings kept him away from the team for much of this off-season.Johnson, who is in his 12th season, isnt sure how long hell play. But he knows that he only wants to suit up for the Texans.I dont want to play for nobody else ... I dont even think it would feel right, he said.Thats a change from an off-season where he wondered if Houston was still the place for me before skipping all of the teams off-season work. He returned in time for training camp and certainly doesnt feel that way anymore.I couldnt imagine how it would feel to put on another uniform, he said Thursday.Johnson was drafted in the first round in 2003 in the franchises second season and hes by far the longest tenured player on the team. Despite dealing with years of lean times, which have included two 2-14 seasons, and more than his fair share of quarterback woes, Johnson is still confident that things will end well for him here.Yeah, why not? Johnson said with a chuckle and a shake of his head. You always want it to turn out OK. I always want things to work out here. Ive always wanted that.But at 33, Johnson has started wondering just how many years he has left to play. In moments of quiet reflection he sometimes thinks about the career of his idol Jerry Rice and marvels at how long he was able to play.You see something on TV, like watching the NFL Network and you see a clip of Jerry Rice or something, Johnson said. And you sit there and youre just like: Man this guy played for 20 years and Im in my 12th year. How did he play eight more years? I cant imagine myself playing for eight more seasons. I just cant see that happening.But he wasnt ready to completely rule it out on Thursday, perhaps buoyed by Houstons win against Tennessee on Sunday where the Texans set a franchise record with 45 points.I wouldnt say never, but right now I just cant imagine that, Johnson said.When he was younger his goal was to play for 10 seasons. After he passed that number, he decided 15 years might be a good time to hang it up. Now that hes in his 30s, hes gotten a kick out of helping mentor younger players and has taken a special interest in DeAndre Hopkins, a first-round pick last season.Its fun just to see him grow as a player, even grow as a person, Johnson said. Hes learning and I think thats the biggest thing. Every day he is in here working his butt off. I get to sit back and watch it.Hopkins has more than 1,000 yards receiving this season and said that there isnt anything Johnson hasnt helped him with.Everything and all of the above, Hopkins said.Though Hopkins is slowly taking over as Houstons go-to receiver, Johnson is still producing at a high level and has 65 receptions for 720 yards and two touchdowns this year. Its another solid season in a career where he has had 1,100 yards receiving or more seven times, including a career-high 1,598 in 2012.He has 13,381 yards receiving in his career, just two yards shy of eclipsing Torry Holt for 12th on the all-time list. Johnson could also reach another milestone on Sunday at Jacksonville, needing just eight catches to become the 10th player in NFL history with 1,000 career receptions.It will be big when it happens, Johnson said. Not many people have been able to do it. To be in that category, it will mean a lot.If he does it on Sunday he would tie Marvin Harrison for fastest to reach the mark by doing it in his 167th career game.___Online:AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Barry Larkin Jersey . -- Justin Verlander took a no-hit bid into the sixth inning and won his fourth straight decision, leading Detroit over the Kansas City Royals 9-4 Sunday and extending the Tigers winning streak to a season-high five games. Cheap MLB Jerseys .C. -- After turning Tobacco Road into "Raleigh Top," Tennessee is headed to the round of 16. http://www.cheapredsjerseys.com/ . Starters, when they struggle, have to live with it for five days. For Sergio Santos and Steve Delabar, two of the three men who authored one of the ugliest pitched innings in Blue Jays franchise history on Thursday night, the bounce-back chance came right away. Cheap Chris Sabo Jersey . -- The court fight over NFL concussions should heat up soon as a judge in Philadelphia weighs the fairness of the proposed $765 million settlement. Cheap Ken Griffey Jersey . They actually finished with a better record in ‘07 than they did in ‘06 but only marginally, going from 61 victories to 66.TAMPA – Mark Buehrle spun a gem on his 35th birthday, pitching as if he had evening plans to celebrate. "Go home, drop the family off at the airport so time to go home and clean up the house and get it ready for getting stuff shipped," said Buehrle of what will be a quiet night. Buehrle made his noise on the mound, tossing 6 1/3 innings of seven-hit, one-run ball against a Yankees lineup that featured every starter save for an injured Jacoby Ellsbury. He threw 94 pitches, 59 for strikes and was his usual efficient self, issuing no walks. He didnt strike out anyone, either. The Blue Jays won 3-1. "Hes looked a little different this spring," said manager John Gibbons. "Everythings just right. His locations on. I think hes popping the ball a little bit better. Of course I saw him last year, I hadnt seen him in any spring before that but I know hes feeling good and I think hes a little bit surprised about how good he feels and thats a good thing." Buehrle hadnt pitched in a Grapefruit League game since March 7. On that day, he threw 31 of 44 pitches for strikes and was insistent that his changeup was the best it had been in any game in three years. In between, Buehrle made two starts in minor league games. Cognizant of his opponent, Buehrle threw fewer offspeed pitches on Sunday, focusing on his fastball. "We face these guys a lot so I came out and just said, hey, lets work on a lot of fastballs, location," said Buehrle. "I dont want to say trick them because obviously Ive been in the league for 12, 13 years so they know what I throw but just didnt want to show them everything." The plan is for Buehrle to start on Friday night in Montreal, the first of two exhibition games the Jays will play against the New York Mets at Olympic Stadium. Pitching coach Pete Walker draws up the assignments and didnt give Buehrle the choice of traveling or staying back in Florida to throw in a minor league game. Thats just fine with Buehrle, whos looking to pitch in front of a large crowd, in a large stadium, this close to opening day. "It definitely helps out," said Buehrle. "You get in that atmosphere, the adrenaline pumps a little mmore, theres a bigger crowd even coming here, everything just kind of clicks and it just becomes real once the game starts.dddddddddddd" Fridays start wont be Buehrles first at the Big O. His only previous outing came on June 18, 2004, an 11-7 White Sox win over the Expos. Buehrle pitched six innings but, as he put it, he got his "ass kicked." He allowed seven runs on 10 hits and got a no-decision. Reyes Update Jose Reyes wasnt in the Blue Jays lineup on Sunday, one day after leaving Saturdays win over the Tigers in the fourth inning with stiffness in his left hamstring. "It feels a little better," said manager John Gibbons. "We still dont think its a big deal." Reyes is listed as day to day. The Second Catcher Erik Kratz and Josh Thole are in a battle for the second catchers job behind Dioner Navarro. Its going down to the wire. "The number one job is going be able to catch Dickey," said Gibbons. "You want some offence but the number one thing (is) theyve got to be able to catch Dickey." Navarro played in 89 games for the Cubs last season, far and away his most since appearing in 115 games for the Rays in 2009. With that in mind, the Jays anticipate the second catcher having to play more. Kratz offers more offence but Dickey is most comfortable pitching to Thole. Dickeys thrown 565 2/3 career innings with Thole as his battery mate. Henry Blanco, at 127 innings, ranks a distant second. "I think theyve both done a good job so its a tough call," said Gibbons. Dickey, as he did last spring when the decision was made to take Blanco over Thole, insists he doesnt have, and insists he doesnt want, input in the process. Timeline for Roster Finalization Gibbons hopes to have his final roster determined before the Blue Jays leave for Montreal, where theyll play two exhibition games versus the Mets on Friday and Saturday, before the club departs on Thursday evening. "Well have a good idea before that what the roster is going to look like," said Gibbons. "Of course, well bring some extra guys with us anyway but well know in the next couple of days; with the catching, anyway." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '